St Andrew’s seeks to offer worship which is joyful and reverent with more traditional music led by organ with a choir and more contemporary music led by keyboard, guitars, drum set and other instruments and our musical singing group.
We use the Rejoice and Sing hymnbook supported by hymns/songs from a variety of other sources. Our large drop-down’ screen is often used to display hymn/song words, greatly helping the congregation raise their voices to God’s glory.
Choir & Organ: Una Robertson
Music Group: Sarah Clarke
St Andrew’s Organ
St Andrew’s organ was built in 1908 by Abbot and Smith. The first organ never made it to the church. Shortly before it was due to be installed in the new church there was a fire at the organ builders destroying the organ intended for St Andrew’s. A replacement organ was installed a month after the church opened in November 1908.
The organ underwent a partial refurbishment in 1966 and currently St Andrew’s is raising funds for a full refurbishment of what is considered to be an organ of special musical and historical interest.